A new year is filled with promise, possibility, and the chance to have more of an impact. At Brunet-García, we are committed to translating data and insights into life-changing action! With that in mind, our vision for 2022 includes building healthier communities as we see our work expanding into new opportunities to improve health and well-being for everyone.
Reflecting on last year’s successes, we know our efforts resulted in Big Growth – Bigger Impact. We are taking that energy into this new year, determined to help our clients and partners understand the impact positive change has on the communities and cultures we all serve. Beyond reaching multicultural audiences and inspiring healthy living, we plan to strengthen our existing partnerships, continue raising awareness about major health issues, create award-winning campaigns, respond to emerging threats, forge ahead preventing diseases and injuries, and encourage health equity. That means:
- Battling Addiction and Stopping Overdose – Focused on helping those suffering from substance use disorder, without judgment, stigma, or discrimination; we are using primary prevention and harm reduction strategies to help stop drug misuse, abuse, and overdose.
- Building Community Immunity – Our work helping increase vaccinations and immunizations at the state and federal level will continue in the coming year. Especially, as we focus on stopping the spread of Covid-19 in communities nationwide.
- Ending the HIV Epidemic – Encouraging the next generation to take control of their sexual health, while also educating people about PrEP and preventing new HIV infections continues to be one of our goals.
- Preventing Common Injuries – Whether it’s working with CDC to increase older adult mobility or helping the Health Resources and Services Administration message about poison control, we aim to protect people from common injuries and preventable harms.
- Elevating Food Safety Messaging – Foodborne illnesses challenge public health and contribute significantly to the cost of healthcare. We know that safer food promises healthier lives, and we are helping to better address foodborne illness this year.
- Reducing Risk of Chronic Diseases – While we continue to help CDC educate people about chronic illnesses like Lou Gehrig’s disease, we are also expanding our work to help tackle colorectal cancer. Showcasing the importance of screening and early detection for reducing risk and saving lives.
- Advocating for Equity and Inclusion – Dedicated to intentionally and proactively addressing health equity issues, we are paving the way for diversity and inclusion in our work. Making it a priority to elevate the voices of under-resourced communities and confront racial and ethnic inequities with every client — every project.
Looking ahead, the new year brings new possibilities to make a difference. As we celebrate exciting new partnerships and plan new engagements, we are already in motion carrying out this year’s goals and intentions. We are ready for what 2022 has to offer, and look forward to a healthier, happier, and transformative new year.